Pet Passports


If you would like to take your pet abroad for any reason, you will need either an EU Pet Passport or an export certificate.

Several of our vets are registered Official Veterinarians and can both advise and assist you with the necessary documentation and health requirements.

From 1 January 2021, the rules for travelling to EU countries with your pet will change. You should start the process at least 4 months before you travel.

Pet Passports FAQ’s:

Yes, a pet passport can only be given by an Official Veterinary or OV, therefor you need to make us aware at the time of booking so we can ensure one of our OV’s are available.

no, your pet can only travel to certain countries with their passport.

EU countries and listed non-EU countries are approved for pet travel on the Pet Passport. Travel requirements for pets going to and from unlisted non-EU countries tend to be more complicated than the standard Pet Passport. Make sure you check all the requirements for the country you are travelling to ahead of time.

Yes, check if the company you’re travelling with:

  • Will accept your pet for travel – and how many they’ll accept if you have more than one.
  • Needs any proof that your pet is fit and healthy to travel, for example a letter from a vet or certain information in your pet passport.

Dependent on where you are travelling (in or outside of the EU), you need to allow as much time as possible to reduce any risk of delay.

You can start their ‘standard’ vaccination at 8 weeks old (Lepto 2 & DHPPI), however, your puppy needs to be at least 12 weeks old for Rabies vaccination.

If you have any questions, please feel free to book an appointment with one of our OV’s who will be happy to run  you through the process.